WHY VIDEO MARKETING IS SO IMPORTANT? AND SOME FREE TIPS ON HOW TO INCREASE ENGAGEMENT WITH YOUR VIDEO.
There isn’t a day gone by without watching video on the Internet. It’s hard not to watch video online. In fact, video is eating up social media and the world as we know it. Scroll down your Facebook feed and you’ll see it there, streaming away as you scroll. As a test, scroll through your news feed on Facebook and I can almost guarantee that out of every ten posts you scroll through, 7 will be video.
The entire purpose of creating content to put out to the world is to build trust and long term relationships with your customers. And effective use of video marketing can really enhance this, and thus create conversions and sales. One flaw that I see with some businesses even today is that they’re continually trying to sell you something. This is the wrong approach. Instead, create useful and consistent content that makes them come to you.
You like stats? Let’s take a look!
When it comes to Facebook, video also rules the engagement game. YouTube links are decent, but Facebook’s algorithms push organic video more than has been directly uploaded to Facebook’s servers.
Here’s a few fun facts on video:
- Videos up to 2 minutes long are the most effective and get the highest engagement
- Viewers retain 95% of the message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text and are more inclined to mention it to a friend
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all internet traffic
- Videos uploaded to Facebook directly have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links
- Over 60% of all video is viewed on mobile and 92% of viewers share video with others
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week
- With video embedded in your website, you are 53% more likely to show up on Google’s search engine, Because Google now owns Youtube, video has had a big impact on your search engine rank
5 Tips on Video from Happi Digital
Knowing where to start when creating a video can be difficult, but the secret is to not overcomplicate things. It could even be a slideshow video with images, a feature that Facebook have now incorporated for their users. The bottom line is that you need to incorporate video into your strategy in order to boost your engagement. If you don’t have the resources to create video in the short term, share videos from other pages on your profile.
There is so much noise and content that goes undiscovered so here are a few pointers that can help you get great engagement on your videos:
Keep it short: We advise our clients to use video that is between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length total. Any longer you lose people’s attention.
Keep the description short and catchy: Don’t type up an essay in the description box. That defeats the whole purpose of using video. Instead use short buzz words or ‘click bait’ to encourage users to dive into the video
Try FB Live: Facebook is promoting Facebook Live video, and it also gives your customers a chance to interact with you in real time and hold social Q&A sessions
How-to Videos: Educate your viewers. These type of videos perform very well online, as do motivational and funny videos.
We are living in an era where we are battling and bidding for people’s attention and time, thus it’s so important to innovate as time moves on. If you’re not open to bringing video into your marketing strategy, then you may want to rethink your career choice.
You can view some of the video work we’ve done for clients in the past here http://happidigital.com/portfolio-page/